Sunday, January 15, 2012

Public library Use

Public Library Use

Use your library card!!! A library card is free. We know that there are very few things in our lives that are free.

Find out what your libraries web site is. From your home you can reserve books.

Libraries have free internet. This is great for job hunting and for students who are researching for

school reports and papers.

Many libraries will show you how to use a computer or have free computer classes. There are free e- books and books on mp3 players.

Many libraries have special movie afternoon and evening viewing. Tomorrow night I am going to see

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. When I read it as a teenager I loved the book and I also saw the movie many many years ago.

Also libraries may have exercise groups, writer's groups, knitting, and needlework groups. I also found a gaming group with Wii gaming systems and board games. Then, I also found

an Omigiri club that pertains to manga and anime.

If you would like to join a book discussion group, check and see if there is one.

Also check for pre-school story times.

During the summer, libraries have special summer programs for children and teens.

One thing I love to do in the library when I have the time. I love to sit down and read the newspapers and magazines. We do subscribe to magazines but we cannot afford to subscribe to every magazine that we like to read.

You can find movies, video games and TV DVDs.

Public libraries offer its community many services and are a special resource, use it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment